What says the Quran about Mahdi?
* Mahdi wasn’t mentioned in the Quran.
* The source of the word Mahdi is based on Judaism and Christianity (Mashiach/Messiah).
* It was the Shia Kaysaniyya Sect who brought the belief about Mahdi to the Islamic Culture in the 7th century (Yusuf Sevki Yavuz, “Mehdi,” Diyanet Islam Encyclopedia (Turkey), XXVIII, 371).
* It was believed that mahdi would lead all humans to the true path/believe. However, Allah told his Messenger: “And though thou try much, most men will not believe.” (Yusuf 12:103). How could Mahdi do anything, that Prophet Muhammad couldn’t do?
* The authors of Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim and Muwatta didn’t write anything about Mahdi in their collections.
* Therefore according to the Quran it is not an obligation to believe Mahdi which took place afterwards.