According to the Quran there are rules that have to be followed about helping people
If you want your help to be more valuable and don’t want it to be invalid then you should follow these rules:
• Do not be a reminder of your generosity. (al-Baqara  264).
• Don’t make them feel insulted. (al-Baqara  264).
• Do not demand any reward, not even thanks. (al-Insan  9).
• Do not be the one who expends his substance to show off. (al-Baqara  264).
• Find those, who never earnestly ask for help and help them. (al-Baqara  273).
• Give from the good things, which you have earned. (Al Imran  92).
• Do not give people anything that you wouldn’t like to receive yourself. (al-Baqara  267).
• Give without differentiating between gender, religion, or race. (at-Tawbah  60).
• To give is to return goods and rights to the needy. (al-Dhariyat  19).
• Give, even in adversity. (Al Imran  134).